If you’re looking for a fun Hallowe’en craft, try your hand out at Paper Mâché Pumpkins.
I attempted the project with my mom. We couldn’t find orange tissue paper, so we improvised with orange streamers – although, I found it more difficult than the yellow tissue paper because it kept ripping. We also used water to thin out the glue.
What you’ll need: balloons, tissue paper (orange and yellow), paintbrush, small scissors, and wheat paste.
1) Paint inflated balloon with strips of orange tissue paper, and paste, until fully covered. Do this two times.
2) Repeat with yellow tissue paper. Do this two times.
3) Leave it overnight to dry.
4) Pop the ballon, and cut out the face.
5) Put small battery-powered light to brighten pumpkin
You can find the full DIY in Martha Stewart’s Handmade Holiday Crafts.